Welcome to Emerging Minds!
As an interdisciplinary team, we draw from contemporary, best-practice strategies to design individualized programs that incorporate the goals of the child and the family.
NEW! KICKSTART INTERVENTION PROGRAM
Emerging Minds, with generous support from Quickstart - Early Intervention for Autism, is pleased to offer the Kickstart Intervention Program to eligible families in the Ottawa area. This is a free program for children under 30 months of age who are demonstrating some symptoms of autism. Should you wish to have your child considered for this program, an interview will be arranged with Dr. Yolanda Korneluk, Clinical Director at Emerging Minds. The purpose of this meeting will be to provide you with information about the Kickstart program and to discuss your child’s eligibility. Please note that not all children who are screened will be eligible to participate in the Kickstart Program, and you may be directed to other services appropriate for your child.
To be eligible for this program, your child/family must meet the following criteria:
- Must be demonstrating some symptoms of Autism
- Be under 30 months of age
- At least one parent must be able to participate with their child during weekday working hours
- Family must be able to commit to regular appointments, with no interruption, for 4-5 months in duration
- Children are not receiving more than 10 hours per week of other autism-related interventions
- Parents are able to commit to applying the treatment strategies that they have learned at a rate of at least 2 hours per day
- Parents are able and willing to complete an intervention log of their practice sessions with the child
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in participating in this program, please contact Emerging MInds at 613-883-3716 to schedule a screening visit.
For more information on Quickstart - Early Intervention for Autism, please visit www.quickstartautism.ca